As we enter the busy Spring Market, are you preparing your Greater Lafayette, IN home to sell in 2023? Here are just a few item to remember to take down or out of your home before listing.
10 Things to Remove
1. Excess Furniture – Consider removing extra chairs, ottomans, side tables, etc., anything unnecessary. It opens the space and makes it feel bigger!
2. Family Photos – The general principle is that buyers need to be able to visualize their own lives in the home in order to buy the house. There is nothing new about this, but in this complicated age of security challenges, there are also safety reasons to remove your items before showings. You do not know who is coming through your home; protect your family by removing any identifiable pictures, awards, certificates, etc.
3. Religious Art/Collectables – Minimize all wall art.
4. Laptops and Cell Phones – Anything easily picked up and removed should be safely stowed.
5. Jewelry – Again, anything of value should be secured out of sight.
6. Important Files and Papers – Hide any papers that may havebanking or social security numbers that can be used for fraudulent purposes.
7. Firearms – Protect yourself and others by securing any firearms.
9. Half of All Décor – Think about removing about half of any decorative items such as pillows, vases, books, etc.
10.Pets – Keep your pets safe and away from visitors.
If you’re ready to start showing your home, reach out to one of our professional realtors with proven marketing skills to see your home in the Greater Lafayette, IN area. Additionally, taking a little time to depersonalize can not only help your buyers see the potential of the home for their lives, but protect yourself and your family as well.
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Real Estate Team in the Lafayette Indiana area!