Are you looking to sell your home this spring? It’s often the busiest time of year for the real estate industry, so you need to be prepared if you want to get the best deal possible. That’s why today I want to share some tips about getting your house ready to sell this spring:
1. Hire an experienced real estate team. Agents work hard to negotiate the best price and terms for your house with the least inconvenience to you. You’re likely to experience a multiple-offer situation if you sell this spring, but don’t worry; we can help you select the best deal. Don’t just pick the agent who claims to offer the best price. Instead, choose someone you can see yourself working with long term.
2. Make small repairs. Go through your property room by room and make a note of any small repairs you need to do before you sell. You don’t have to completely renovate before you sell, but if you fix the little things, buyers will appreciate it.
3. Put away the clutter. Gather up your things and put them in boxes. Without all the stuff, your home will seem bigger. Plus, it gives buyers a blank canvas so they can picture themselves living in your house. This is also a great opportunity to get ready to move.
4. Depersonalize your space. As you declutter, depersonalize as well. Your family photos are lovely, but they make it harder for your potential buyers to envision their own photos sitting on the shelf.
5. Clean and paint your home. Get every corner, nook, and cranny. You may even want to consider hiring a professional cleaner. Once you’ve cleaned, give your home a fresh coat of paint. Just remember to keep things to neutral colors. By making your house feel fresh, you can get a big return on investment this spring.
If you have questions about today’s topic or anything else related to real estate, please call or email me. I am always willing to help!