Here’s a list of places to check out and explore when searching for Christmas light displays around Greater Lafayette, Indiana!
Greater Lafayette, Indiana…
- Oaklawn Acres (Rossville, IN): Hundreds of light strands are on display at this local favorite! They’re just down the road from Cottrell’s Christmas Tree Farm. *There will be no Santa this year. Open Sunday – Saturday from 6:00 – 10:00 P.M.
- Holiday Festival of Lights at TPA Park (Frankfort, IN): A CROWD FAVORITE! Over 1 million lights on 89 acres with music and more. Open every day until January 1st, 2021 from 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Santa will be at the TPA Park during open hours from December 7th until Christmas Eve. Stop by the concession stand for a bowl of soup or a cup of coffee daily from 5pm to 9pm.
- The Alexander Lights (Mulbery, IN): This is a personal home decorated with thousands of lights dancing to music! Lights are on every night all night long from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day. Music broadcasts on 107.3. According to the Facebook page, here’s this year’s show order:
- “Shout for Joy” from Disney’s Candlelight Processional
- “Little Drummer Boy” by For King and Country
- “Carol of the Bells” by Pentatonix
- “I Saw Three Ships” by Blackmore’s Night
- “Reflections of Earth/We Go On”, music from Walt Disney World’s Epcot laser, lights and fireworks show
- “Christmas with a Capital C” by Go Fish
- “Let It Go” from Disney’s Frozen
- “Wizards in Winter” by Trans Siberian Orchestra
- Our Holiday Light Show (Avalon Bluff; Lafayette, IN): Personal home with a very entertaining light display! Click here to view their website. This year, this light display will run on a schedule. Here are the scheduled times:
- Sunday, December 6th: 6 PM- 9 PM
- Monday, December 7th- Thursday, December 10th: 630 PM- 9 PM
- Friday, December 11th: 630 PM- 930 PM
- Saturday, December 12th: 630 PM- 930 PM
- Sunday, December 13th: 6 PM- 9 PM
- There are many Greater Lafayette, IN subdivisions where home owners decorate their personal properties, and these are a few we’ve heard through the grapevine as being highly decorated this year! Try out these spots, and good luck on the hunt!
- Purdue’s Memorial Union traditionally lights up an enormous tree in their main entrance foyer. Changes on campus due to COVID-19 have a new, creative light display stirring about. According to an article from the Purdue Exponent, here’s information about the different light display going up on Purdue University’s Campus for Christmas 2020:
- “A winter light display in Academy Park in the center of campus is the centerpiece of this year’s holiday celebration. The lights are on daily from 4 p.m. to 7 a.m. until Dec. 5.“
Throughout Indianapolis, Indiana
As always, we have to mention these treasures found in our state’s capital city. At just about an hour’s drive from our area, these events and specialties are worth a day trip for lasting family memories. Click here for an official recap of all official light displays in Indy.
- Circle of Lights (Downtown Indianapolis, IN): These lights are a must see! They’ll be on display November 29 to January 10, 2021. Check them out, and then stay downtown for a night on the town in Indianapolis! There is fun for the entire family!
- Christmas Nights of Lights (Indianapolis, IN): “Head out to the Indiana State Fairgrounds’ Christmas Nights of Lights for a 2-mile car ride through more than 1 million lights synchronized to traditional and newer Christmas music played through your car stereo. The show will feature new music, an extended route and additional light displays including a spectacular 240-foot wall of lights, making it the largest synchronized show in central Indiana. This dazzling light display will be open daily from 5:30 – 10 P.M., with extended hours on the weekends, Nov. 13 through Jan. 3.”
- A Merry Prairie Holiday (Fishers, IN): “Come celebrate the season with glittering lights, a polar bear plunge, festive rides, holiday treats and more! Fridays – Sundays, November 27-December 20; Tuesday & Wednesday 22 & 23 from 5:30 – 9:30 P.M. Advance tickets are required. For the health and safety of our staff and guests, tickets will not be available for purchase at the gate this year. Click here to purchase tickets online.
- Guest: $20 (ages 2 and older)
- Member: $10 (ages 2 and older)
- Winterlights at Newfields (Indianapolis, IN): Winterlights is open from November 21 – January 3, 2021. It’s really a treat light no other. ” Watch lights dance to music on the Lilly House lawn and stop to take photos at the Snowflake Bridge, Frosted Forest and other illuminated displays throughout the grounds. Special glasses will be available that transform every one of the 1.5 million lights into a shimmering snowflake.” Presented by Bank of America. Tickets on sale now! This is an entirely outdoor event.
- Walkway of Lights (Marion, IN): Marion dubs itself “Christmas City USA” in Indiana, and we’re not mad about that. They host the largest light display in Indiana with two and a half million lights upon a two and a half mile route. Wow! This one will run until December 31st, 2019 every night from 6:00 – 10:00 P.M. The city also schedules events found on their Facebook page!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!