“Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song.” —Unknown
Having a father, or father figure, present in life gives everyday a little something extra. As this quote states, dads out there are some of our biggest heroes, just driven by love. Each dad is different – some bring drive and passion to the table, while others bring amazing dad jokes that we will never reject. However, all dads are appreciated for the love, care, and/or provision given alike. So, whether that father figure in your life was your biological father, grandpa, brother, uncle, or friend, they deserve recognition for their life laid down, and Father’s Day is a perfect day to say, “Thank you!”
Typical Midwest dad favs include fixing things, cars, music, fishing, golf, or BBQ. Fortunately, Greater Lafayette, IN has all of these things and more. So, after you gift dad that perfect Yeti cooler, be sure to invite him to hang out for some quality time together at one of these fun Greater Lafayette, IN events or locations.
- Baseball: Check out the game schedule for the Lafayette Aviators for some quality fun and amazing ball park food!
- Fishing: Here are some of public fishing holes around Greater Lafayette, IN.
- Dad’s Day at Tropicanoe Cove (Columbian Park; Lafayette, IN): Sunday, June 19, 2022 from 11:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. “Happy Father’s Day! Enjoy special father/child activities. All fathers will receive free admission with a PAID child admission.”
- Car show at Forest Park in Noblesville, IN on Sunday, June 19 from 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Take dad to one of these beautiful local Golf Courses in Greater Lafayette, IN for the day. Click here for an extended list!
- Coyote Crossing
- Lafayette Country Club
- West Lafayette Golf and Country Club
- Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex
- Mountain Jack’s Steakhouse; Lafayette, IN – Father’s Day Special Menu
- McGraw’s Steak, Chop, & Fish House!