Check out this list we put together of some of The Romanski Group’s favorite Christmas light displays around Greater Lafayette, Indiana…
Greater Lafayette Light Displays:
- Oaklawn Acres (Rossville, IN): Hundreds of light strands are on display at this local favorite! They’re just down the road from Cottrell’s Christmas Tree Farm. *There will be no Santa this year. Open Sunday – Saturday from 6:00 – 10:00 P.M. from Thanksgiving to December 29.
- Holiday Festival of Lights at TPA Park (Frankfort, IN): A CROWD FAVORITE! Over 1 million lights on 89 acres with music and more. Open every day until January 1st, 2022 from 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Santa will be at the TPA Park during open hours from December 7th until Christmas Eve. Stop by the concession stand for a bowl of soup or a cup of coffee daily from 5pm to 9pm.
- The Alexander Lights (Mulbery, IN): This is a personal home decorated with thousands of lights dancing to music! Lights are on every night all night long from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day. Music broadcasts on 107.3. According to the Facebook page, here’s this year’s show order:
- “Shout for Joy” from Disney’s Candlelight Processional
- “Little Drummer Boy” by For King and Country
- “Carol of the Bells” by Pentatonix
- “I Saw Three Ships” by Blackmore’s Night
- “Reflections of Earth/We Go On”, music from Walt Disney World’s Epcot laser, lights and fireworks show
- “Christmas with a Capital C” by Go Fish
- “Let It Go” from Disney’s Frozen
- “Wizards in Winter” by Trans Siberian Orchestra
- Our Holiday Light Show (Avalon Bluff; Lafayette, IN): Personal home with a very entertaining light display! Click here to view their website.
- Monday through Thursday, 6- 9 PM
- Friday- Sunday, 6- 930 PM.
- Purdue’s Memorial Union traditionally lights up an enormous tree in their main entrance foyer. All the festivities begin December 6th, 2021, but the main lighting of the tree is December 7th, 2021 at 6:30 P.M. Join campus for this annual event! Mitch Daniels will light the tree, and the Purduettes will perform! Click here for more events throughout December!
- There are many Greater Lafayette, IN subdivisions where home owners decorate their personal properties, and these are a few we’ve heard through the grapevine as being highly decorated this year! Try out these spots, and good luck on the hunt!
Light Displays Outside of Lafayette, Indiana
As always, we have to mention these treasures found around our great state. At just about an hour’s drive from our area, these events and specialties are worth a day trip for lasting family memories. You can also click here for an official recap of all official light displays in Indianapolis.
- Walkway of Lights (Marion, IN): Marion dubs itself “Christmas City USA” in Indiana! They host the largest light display in Indiana with two and a half million lights upon a two and a half mile route. Wow! This one will run until December 31st, 2021 every night from 6:00 – 10:00 P.M. each visit is $5/car, or you can purchase a season pass for $25. Find scheduled events found on their Facebook page!
- We Care Park (Kokomo, IN): Over 1 million lights on display from 6:00 – 9:30 P.M. daily!
- Circle of Lights (Downtown Indianapolis, IN): These lights are a must see! They’ll be on display November 29 to January 10, 2021. Check them out, and then stay downtown for a night on the town in Indianapolis! There is fun for the entire family!
- Christmas Nights of Lights (Indianapolis, IN): “Head out to the Indiana State Fairgrounds’ Christmas Nights of Lights for a 2-mile car ride through more than 1 million lights synchronized to traditional and newer Christmas music played through your car stereo. The show will feature new music, an extended route and additional light displays including a spectacular 240-foot wall of lights, making it the largest synchronized show in central Indiana. This dazzling light display will be open daily from 5:30 – 10 P.M., with extended hours on the weekends, Nov. 13 through Jan. 2.”
- A Merry Prairie Holiday (Fishers, IN): Through December 22! “Step into the wonder of the season as you stroll through Reynolds’ Christmas Lights display of illuminated figures. Located throughout the Symphony grounds. Explore North Pole Village, Meet Santa’s official “list keeper” who knows just how to calculate who has been naughty and who has been nice. Check-in with him and see which list you made before you take a Selfie with the big man himself! Enjoy a ride on this outdoor carousel as the magic of Christmas displays twirl around you. Located in Civil War Journey adjacent to the Porter House and much much more!” Click here to purchase tickets online.
- Guest: $20 (ages 2 and older)
- Member: $10 (ages 2 and older)
- Christmas at the Zoo (Indianapolis Zoo; Indianapolis, IN): Evenings from December 5 – 30, 2021. Christmas at the Zoo continues to enhance the experience year after year. You’ll love taking the kids to this fun, timeless event! Click here to purchase tickets.
- Winterlights at Newfields (Indianapolis, IN): Winterlights displays lights until January 2, 2022. It’s really a treat light no other. ” Watch lights dance to music on the Lilly House lawn and stop to take photos at the Snowflake Bridge, Frosted Forest and other illuminated displays throughout the grounds. Special glasses will be available that transform every one of the 1.5 million lights into a shimmering snowflake.” Presented by Bank of America. Tickets on sale now! This is an entirely outdoor event.