In the end of Summer and beginning of Fall in Greater Lafayette, IN, local flower fields lavish us with blooms as far as the eye can see. Do you think it might be your thing to walk through and enjoy simple, lovely blooms? Our community has some places nearby to visit and even take a small piece home- if you want! Fields around our area are loaded with full-bloom sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, and more! Check out these great spots to explore.
Greater Lafayette, IN Flower Fields
What should you expect within the flower fields?
(Our friend’s website at Hillside Acres inspired this list!)
- Bumblebees will abound! They’re working hard during this season to get their pollination accomplished. Be warned 🙂
- Bring your own vase or water or the u-pick flowers will potentially wilt before you get them home!
- Bring scissors or loppers to cut your own flowers!
- Professional photographers: this is a perfect space for you to take fun pictures! Be sure to communicate before you show up to snap photos! Usually there’s a schedule for time slots, and maybe even a small fee from the local farm to use the fields. Communication can go a long way.
- “Wednesday-Saturday 4pm-8pm: $7/person
- Children 4 & Under: Free
- Last day open with the sunflowers depends on how long they hold up. We will close the trail when they start to loose their petals. Stay informed with our facebook/instagram posts.”
21 Pedals Flower Farm (Lafayette, IN): 21 Pedals is unique in its flower market approach! Visit 21 Pedals Bouquet bar in town at any time. That’s right! A brick and mortar space that allows for you to create from their farm’s flowers. It’s a beautiful location with modern interior vibes, inspiring creations for your home. Additionally, August 20, 2022, twenty-one Pedals invites you out to the farm for a guided u-pick flower tour. Click here to register and join the fun!
Fair Oaks Farm (Fair Oaks, IN): “August Orchard Hours: Open Daily 10am-6pm CST. You-Pick Sunflowers are in FULL BLOOM!! Experience the beauty of summer and everything the Farm has to offer. Whether you’re looking for a day of picking flowers, or just a moment of peace in the great outdoors, Fair Oaks Farms has something for all nature-lovers this season. Our summer You-Pick program lets you pick sunflowers, cosmos, zinnias, and even veggies. Build your own bucket of blooms – with photo ops available! Throughout the season, our Nature Trail lets you plan an escape to the country any day of the week. You can even learn about what’s growing, and about the sustainability of farming, from our farmers themselves!”
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Real Estate Team in the Lafayette Indiana area!