Labor Day is Monday, September 5, 2022.
Labor Day traditionally marks the end of summer. So, enjoy this last hoorah and grill your little hearts out before Fall fully hits. We hope you have a safe extended weekend!
If you’re interested in how Labor Day came to be, the U.S. Department of Labor has an impressive layout of its history and morph into a holiday. Click here to view more information!
Labor Day in Greater Lafayette, IN
Here are a few things specific events around town this week if you’re looking for entertainment ideas. Also consider hiking at Ross Hill park, bike riding at Prophetstown, a day at Columbian Park, or fishing at Armstrong! This community has plenty of ways to enjoy Labor Day!
Thursday, September 1, 2022
Purdue vs. Penn State at Ross-Ade Stadium
Kick off the Purdue football season at this Big10 game! Click here for tickets!
Here are some game day details.
- WEAR BLACK– All fans are encouraged to wear black as we take on Penn State in this Thursday night home opener!
- Purdue University Marching Band Show– Join us on Slayter Hill for the pre-game Purdue University Marching Band Show with special guest Bruce Barker!Be a part of the Thursday night “Piano Man” tradition as Bruce will be part of the show! More Details to come!
- Boilermaker Crossing– Join us on the Weist Plaza for a DJ, inflatable games, free giveaways, uniform try on, football posters, and more! This family friendly area is open to everyone at no cost, no game ticket is required to participate.
IN THE STADIUM
- Skydivers– be in your seat early to watch skydivers enter the stadium during the pre-game ceremonies!
- Boilermaker Shoutouts– Get your personal message on the videoboard! Click here to learn more and purchase your Boilermaker shoutout!
- 1961 NCAA Men’s Golf Championship Team Recognition– be on the lookout during the game for the recognition of the 1961 NCAA Men’s Golf Championship Team!”
Friday, September 2, 2022
Justin Moore Live in Concert at Loeb Stadium
Country music artist Justin Moore performs at Loeb Stadium with hometown favorite Levi Riggs. Ages 2+ must have a ticket. Concessions serves beer, wine, and snacks available for purchase. Credit or Debit card sales only. Click here to purchase tickets.
Monday, September 5, 2022
Lafayette Citizen’s Band Labor Day Concert at Riehle Plaza
7:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Enjoy this annual Labor Day event. Bring lawn chairs with you downtown to Riehle Plaza and view this free show! You’ll love seeing the Citizen’s Band play!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Real Estate Team in the Lafayette Indiana area!