As the winter days get a little longer, we’re reminded that Spring is just around the corner. Year after year, the Spring real estate market excels in a beautiful directions that challenge the rest of the year- in a good way. Is this the year to sell your home? With the current housing market in Greater Lafayette, IN, you’ll want to jump right in and sell to get the most equity out of your home. This is the time! Trust us. As we wait for the extra roar of the Spring market to roll around, here are a few things you can do to prepare for that time.
- Start with small updates and renovations. Light fixtures, an updated sink or faucet, repainting of cabinets and fresh hardware. These are all a few simple things that’ll go a long way, giving your buyers something trendy to catch their eye at first glance!
- Update curb appeal! An article from Forbes magazine suggests this, “If you’re going to spend serious money on anything, focus on the exterior of your home, since this is the very first impression buyers get of your home and it counts.”
- A new garage door or seal for the door
- Roof update
- Landscaping overhaul
- Inviting front door
- Update with fresh, neutral paint! Neutral is always best when it comes to a potential buyer coming in to your home. They need to be able to see themselves living in there! So, allow for that with basic whites, grays, and some other colors that could be considered neutral.
- Declutter. Clutter in your home will detour a potential buyer quickly. Remove items and put them into storage or host a yard/garage sale to thin things out. Remember how we want a buyer to see themselves in the home as theirs? Additionally, remove any pictures and excess personalization to really give the buyer their best shot in making it their own.
- Organize “unseen” places such as closets, cabinets, and unused rooms. Buyers will look in all the spaces! Be prepared for someone to see every nook and cranny.
- Odors! This is huge. Tackle any space that has an odor. Animals, food, and moisture are a few places scents that stick around the the long haul. If you have carpet, consider getting it professionally cleaned before putting your house on the market.
Our Top Suggestion…
Pick the right Realtor. Pricing and selling your home successfully revolve around experts that are knowledgeable in the current market. Having the “right” realtor is not only about their personality, professionalism, and overall room presence. It’s about all those things and more. It’s about experience, reputation throughout the community, knowledge on current markets and trends, and network connections that’ll benefit you once you hit the ground running. You can’t just pick anyone! Honestly, this might sound like a humble brag, but the Romanski Group is all of the above and more. You don’t even have to take our word for it! Check out all the reviews from satisfied customers, friends, and family on our website, Facebook, Zillow, and Google. You’ll find that our reputation in the Greater Lafayette, IN real estate market speaks for itself on many levels. Choose the Romanski Group to represent you today when selling your home. We’d love to get to know you and help your housing dreams come true and real estate needs be met!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!