Who knew that COVID-19 would have such an impact on all of 2020?! As a community, you might be left with some questions regarding what’s considered safe or what should or shouldn’t happen this Halloween. Great news for us is that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) has put out an entire list of recommendations for making your’s and other’s Halloween 2020 the safest it can be. Here’s what to expect in Greater Lafayette, IN.
CDC Guidelines include traditional Halloween shenanigans in their list of appropriate activities, such as dressing up in a costume and going trick or treating. It gives this list of suggestions on how to adjust your traditional routine to be safe for all. All information following comes directly from the CDC official website.
“Make trick-or-treating safer
- Avoid direct contact with trick-or-treaters.
- Give out treats outdoors, if possible.
- Set up a station with individually bagged treats for kids to take.
- Wash hands before handling treats.
- Wear a mask.
Wear a mask
- Make your cloth mask part of your costume.
- A costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask.
- Do NOT wear a costume mask over a cloth mask. It can make breathing more difficult.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing
Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live with you
- Indoors and outdoors, you are more likely to get or spread COVID-19 when you are in close contact with others for a long time.
Wash your hands
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use it after touching objects or other people.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Parents: supervise young children using hand sanitizer.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when you get home and before you eat any treats.”
Other safe or low risk activities include outdoor events such as: corn mazes and orchards, outdoor and social distanced hang outs within families, attend or create a scavenger hunt, or decorate pumpkins and the inside of your home with your family.
Be safe and enjoy Halloween 2020!
For up-to-date information on YOUR Indiana area neighborhood or a FREE Seller Consultation – call The Romanski Group at (765) 293.9300. Using an experienced team is the way to get your home SOLD! You deserve the BEST Realtor in the Lafayette Indiana area!